Jana here with a classic recipe for a delicious spring and summer pie! We are blessed to have a pick-your-own strawberry patch a few miles from our house. We recently went and picked 6 quarts of fresh strawberries. Although I plan to slice and freeze any that we are not able to eat within the week, I also wanted to try out some new recipes using the berries! I have had strawberry pie many times, but never made it myself. I found a recipe to start from, and made some changes according to the comments others had made. This pie is quick, easy, and very tasty!
Fresh Strawberry Pie
1 9 inch pie crust, baked
1 quart fresh strawberries
3/4 cup white sugar
1/2 cup water
3 tablespoons corn starch
1. Cook the pie crust according to the package directions.
2. Remove the stems from the strawberries, and slice in half.
3. Set aside 3/4 of the berries. Mash the remaining 1/4 of the berries. In a medium-sized pot, add the mashed berries and sugar.
4. In a separate bowl, slowly add the corn starch to the water, whisking to mix well. Pour this into the pot with the berries and sugar.
5. Turn the stove on to medium-high heat, stirring constantly. When the mixture reaches boiling, let it boil for 2-3 minutes, stirring to make sure it doesn’t stick.
6. Place the 3/4 of berries into the bottom of the baked pie crust. Pour the cooked berry mixture on top, making sure it is spread evenly. Let the pie chill in the refridgerator for at least an hour before serving.