If you follow my blog you already know I have committed to do the Warrior Dash with my husband and some of our neighbors. I am hoping some of you will sign up to. The race is in Morris, OK on June 2nd. It takes just under 3 hours to get there from NWA. For a really hard race it looks like lots of fun! If your not in shape to run 3+ miles and do a bunch of crazy obstacles then get your toosh off the couch and start training. I have started a running program and am doing strength training. There is info about training on the Warrior Dash site. Let this be your motivation to get moving! Let me tell you a little about it. First off, all of this info can be found at the website www.warriordash.com
So it is a 3.11mile race with 12 obstacles thrown in. What kind of obstacles you say….well, let me tell you.
1. Deadweight Drifter- You trudge through waist deep water over logs. I am hoping I will not be one of those logs people are trudging over. It’s the first obstacle though so I should still be upright. At first I was like ugh now I will have to finish the race with wet shoes and socks. Then I remembered it will be June 2nd and I will probably appreciate the cool down.
2. Barricade Breakdown- For this one you hurdle over barricades and crawl under barbed wire. Fun right?!
3. Storming Normandy- It’s a military style crawl in a big field. I hope there are no snakes. I will go into cardiac arrest right then and there.
4. Deadman’s Drop- Best I can tell this is a tall wall you have to get up and over.
5. Hiker’s Hang-up- You have to crawl over a bunch of tangled nets. Why am I doing this again???? Oh yea, it’s a challenge and stuff. I will just keep telling myself that.
6. Road Rage- I should be good at this one. I have lots of experience with road rage. Oh wait; it’s not quite the same. For this you stampede through a junkyard of rusty old cars. That one actually sounds sort of fun.
7. Tipsy Tightrope- It appears they will extend a cable over a body of water and you walk across. No prob…right?
8. Vertical Limit- Scale to the summit and slide down the vertical drop. SCREEETCH, what…vertical drop. Someone’s gonna have to push me and by that point I will be way too tired to fight back. Who’s gonna push me?
9. Great Warrior Wall- Yep it’s just a giant barricade and you have to figure out how to go over it. I’m thinking human pyramid…..hahaha. Can’t you just imagine that?
10. Cargo Climb- Pretty straight forward, you just climb over some cargo nets. I am not great at that at full strength. I bet this will be harder than it seems.
11. Warrior Roast- Again with the SCREEEETCH!! So this is where you jump over FIRE. What the heck! They could have least put this at the beginning before I get all worn out. Talk about motivation…you don’t make it you catch on fire. No biggie.
12. Muddy Mayhem- This one sounds fun! You scramble through mud under barbed wire. At least the mud will squelch the flames from the previous obstacle. Yep, lots of fun!
And that’s all you have to do. Now, who’s in?
The last day to register is Monday, May 21st and it’s $65 if you sign up by April. Kinda pricey but look at the cool stuff you get!
There are also prizes for the top three and craziest costume. The only one I have a shot at winning is the craziest costume. If you have a great costume idea please share it with me. The best I got is a tank top with my medical history so whoever finds me face down in the dirt can get me the proper care. Rumor has it when you finish you get a beer. So that makes it all worth it now doesn’t it.
Please leave a comment and let me know if you are planning on signing up (click on title to open page and scroll down). I will look for you there!